Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Me, New Us!

I meant to write sooner... but things have been nuts!
Julie got here Wednesday the 27th and left Sunday the 1st.  Thursday we spent ALL day shopping.  I spent a ton of money but it was much needed and it felt good!  I got new shoe's for the gym and a ton of clothes, oh and some perfume!!  Later that evening went to downtown Tempe (totally neat little downtown by the way) and had sushi for dinner, minus Bella who had 2 bowls of "Chinese soup".  She took a bite of a California roll though.  She didn't spit it out and said she liked it, but she didn't want another bit either so you know how that goes.  Friday we did more shopping then spent our evening drinking wine.  It was nice to be with my best friend and have some one on one time.  It was very refreshing & just what the doctor ordered.  She went home late Saturday, we spent most of the day chillin'!




Since Julie left a ton has been going on.  I finally got an iron clad answer from the El Paso courts, I will be able to appear by phone for our status conference on the 18th.  I only had to call them 12 times to get them to give me an answer.  I mailed the damn request on October 26th.  I guess 2 months isn't enough time to get a yes or no from these people.  Anyway, after this appearance, once I know 100% that final orders will be February 24th, I'll purchase my plane ticket to Colorado Springs.  My cousin's wonderful boyfriend George has offered me his truck while I'm in town so I don't have to rent a car or depend on others for a ride (yay)!  He's a life saver!

Tuesday Bella & I went to our first mommy's group activity.  I'm the youngest mom there by 10 years!  I felt really out of place but Bella had fun non the less.

Wednesday I toured La Petite Academy and KinderCare Learning Center to determine which would work best for Bella.  Let me tell you, KinderCare won by a landslide!  It's over $200 a week (full time) but extremely worth it.  Bella went for a "test day" today and have a blast.  She'll start full time on Monday.

I've got new student orientation on Saturday from 9:30 - 11:30.  I'm totally stocked to tour my campus and see what it's all about.  Adam is meeting me there at 11:30 so we can go to the book store and purchase my school books.  Thank God a friend of my from Cowboy's (yes in Colorado) is working at the exact same book store that day.  She's been an amazing help answering any questions I've had.  Looking forward to starting school in the 19th!

Today, they finally came with the part of our refrigerator that was broken when we moved it and installed it.  He also painted our living room (much needed) and fixed a few other things.  He was here ALL day.  I was bored to death.  Chatty old guy though, and very nice!

All in all, a great but very busy week.  Tomorrow (Friday) will be spent de-weeding our front yard.  The lady that lived here before us didn't do shit but sit on her sloppy ass.  At least that's how it looked when we moved it!

Have a great up coming weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment