Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tis the season!

Well hello :) I've got the Internet up at the new house, finally!  This move has been a fucking nightmare (excuse my language).  I got sick the day before we were to load up the moving truck.  Your typically cold, stuffy nose, lots of sneezing and blowing.  It sucked!  Of ALL weekend to get sick I had to do it on a weekend where I couldn't lay around and feel better.  So, the move... ugh!  We loaded up the biggest truck UHaul had to offer, plus 4 trips with the trucks and we've still got things to go get.  We drove down bright and early on Saturday morning, when I walked in the door and saw the condition of the house I was pissed.  The walls and baseboards are filthy, one of the shelf's (the largest one) in the fridge is broken, there are no towel / shower rods in the guest bathroom, the garage wasn't swept out and this lady had cats so it was filled with cat hair, there is a wood strip between the tile and wood floors broken and our mail box key didn't come with a mail box number so we don't know which mailbox is ours!  I called the landlord and bitched, he said he'd take money off the rent for me to clean.  Well, this shit on the walls wont come off so paint is needed.  The maintenance man came yesterday and took a list, but I wont be seeing him until after the New Year.  I'm pretty sure Adam & I are going to end up painting at least the living room and main hallway, then we can touch up everything else.  Sucks, we paid almost 3 grand to move in here and it's dirty!  The Internet took 3 days longer than expect to set up due to damaged cables down the street.  Uhaul charged us an additional $100 for "not filling the gas tank upon return"... which is bullshit.  So we faxed receipts off to their cooperate office and we're awaiting a reply. 

Adam went to Prescott both Monday and Tuesday for work.  Poor Adam, those trips make for 10-11 hour days.  His back and ankle are killing him due to the move.  I feel so bad for him.  He works so hard for us, I hate to see him in pain.  Yesterday Jessie took Bella over night for us.  What a nice break that was.  We finished her Christmas shopping.  Her two "major" gifts are a beautiful doll house and an easel for all her art projects.  She just loves art, maybe she'll be an artist?  We also joined a gym down the road from us.  It's a wonderful gym offering classes, massage, and they have a pool / spa.  It's a very "state of the art" gym.  I signed up for tanning also, I can't wait to get some color back on me and shed some pounds!  I'm tired of being lazy and bored! 

I've been waiting for a reply from the El Paso courts, STILL, for my absentee testimony for the upcoming conference on January 18th.  I really hope they allow it.  Not only is it costly to travel back to Colorado for court, but Bella's 5th birthday is January 18th and then I start school January 19th!  I don't have the time to drive there for court.  I know I'll have to go for final orders in February, but one trip would be better than two!

I joined a website called meet up.  I've been exploring different mommy groups in my area on meet up and hoping I can join something soon.  I think it'd be a great way for Bella & I to not only get out of the house, but meet friends.  I've never done it before but I know a few moms that have and there experiences seem to be positive.

I may not be back til after New Years, my best friend Julie is going to be here December 29th for a few days.  I am SO excited to see her!  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!  & a Happy New Year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment